Aadhaar eSign is a type of digital signature, that has been notified to be legally valid and acceptable for all types of documents vide. Schedule -II and Gazette Notification (REGD. NO. D. L.-33004/99 dated 28th January 2015 refer here Electronic Signature or Electronic Authentication Technique and Procedure Rules 2015 except for the types of documents as excluded in Chapter-I Preliminary of Information Technology Act, 2000. The Information Technology Act, 2000 also provides the legal and operating framework for overall use and recognition of Digital Signatures in Chapter(s)-I, II and III. The Evidence Act, 1872 has subsequently been amended to provide legal sanctity to Aadhaar eSign, vide amendments to Section(s) 3, 47, 67, 73 and 85.
Adhaar based e-signing is now legally valid and acceptable for all types of documents.
Please see below the flow of the process:
- When you click on “Proceed to e-sign”, the loan agreement is being prepared for signing.
- You will then be required to create a one-time login for e-signature. If you have already created one, this step will not appear. Please note that YOU MUST USE ONLY THE SAME EMAIL ID AS USED WITH P2PEASY FOR REGISTRATION.
- You will then be asked to enter your Adhaar number. Click on “Verify” next and you will receive an OTP on the mobile number linked to your Adhaar. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR ADHAAR IS UPDATED WITH YOUR CURRENT MOBILE NUMBER
- Click on “Submit” to proceed to next step. You can now see the loan agreement with the details of both parties.
- Click on “Sign Now” at the bottom of the page. You will be asked to enter the OTP received on your mobile number. Click on “Submit”.
- Your agreement is signed now. You can see your name, email id, date and time of signing of the document at the bottom of the page.
- A copy of the agreement will be available to you in your P2PEASY account under My loans / lending.